Writing in Atom for printing in a letter (A4) format with markdown

I’ve been looking for a text editor which is fast for writing and flexible, atom seems to be great for those two things. I use atom to write simple things in letter (A4) format with markdown. I’ve been able to export the markdown to pdf with markdown preview enhanced however I’m running into one problem. I can’t find anything about writing in atom in letter (A4) format, is there an option/plugin to do this? To clarify, I’m trying to get the layout of a page like you have in Word or Pages.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Have you tried the Markdown-themeable-pdf package? that might work, someone else here might have a better suggestion but it’s worth a try :slight_smile:

Atom is a plain-text editor. It doesn’t know anything about paper sizes or printing. You’d have to look at community packages for that kind of thing. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any off the top of my head :slight_frown:

Hi @sandersantema ,

If you want to export A4 format pdf file, you can use PHANTOMJS option, then select A4 at Format field.

If you want your preview to be in A4 format, then modifying css might help, but I am not sure.
There is a css library called paper-css.

Thanks for all the answers I will be checking everything out. If I make any progress I will report back here.