Working with remote files

I’m finding it a bit awkward to work in Atom with remote files, but maybe I’m just not doing it right.

First, it seems like there should be a way to display an Explorer-type tree of the remote directory, but I haven’t found a way to do that.

Second, after working on a remote file for a couple of hours, I’d like to save it off to a location somewhere, perhaps with the name myfile_good.php. Then if I do something stupid on the main file I can easily revert to the one I saved. But I haven’t found a good way to do that either.

I’m wondering how experienced Atom users deal with these issues?

Thanks

For both cases, it’s up to the creator of the particular package. If you haven’t found a package gives you the feature set you want, you may have to submit a pull request to one of them or design your own.

In the future, rather than opening a bunch of topics all generally related to the same problem, please open one topic and include all the discussion there. This is also an extension of the discussion you started in your other topic:

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’m closing this topic as duplicate.