Window Title Correctly Updating [Request]

I’d love for the title of the Atom window to correctly update when you change tabs or close old tabs and open new ones. I love this feature in Sublime Text 3 and it’s really important from a usability stand point. It seems really broken that my Atom window is titled \website\css\styles.css when I’ve closed that file hours ago and have done other things. Or if I have 4 or 5 of the same file name open from different sites, it should be easier to tell which one I’m on without having to hover over each tab to wait for the file path to show up. It should just function like every other editor out there. Agreed?

It seems to update immediately for me using Atom v0.206.0 on Mac OS X 10.10.3. To be honest, I don’t look at the title bar very often … but when I do, I can’t recall a time when it didn’t work as expected. Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

Windows 7
Yes the issue keeps happening.

There is no 0.206.0 on Windows? When I click check for update it says none available. The title bar has functioned like this for as long as I can remember. Also the only extension I have is minimap.

It would probably be best to open an Issue on https://github.com/atom/atom for this. If you do, please post a link to that new Issue here.

I will open an issue for it. I noticed the title updates if I make the window not full screen, and then full screen again. Once it becomes full screen again it changes the window title to the current tab.

It sounds like that’s an important item to include. If you can write specific repro steps, that would be great!

octoxan, can you link to the issue that you created? I searched and couldn’t find it on github.

I first posted about this in April 2015 and am still seeing the problem with latest atom (1.3.2)

I think it’s a rendering/refresh issue - e.g. I have dual monitor and if I drag the atom window partially over to next monitor the part that is redrawn on the new monitor is updated but the tail part of the title bar isn’t.

I had the same issue, but I got it working.

Solution:

First make sure the “themes-service” is running (Run --> Services.msc).

Then right click on desktop - select personalize.

Here you have to choose an “aero theme” e.g “architecture”, because the “basic and high contrast themes” do not refresh the title bar instantly.

Cheers

How to change/customize atom Title Bar?
How to show full path in atom title

Thanks jackomat! That works in my situation. Hope this can be resolved to work for any theme.