Why params in .json started to appear as links

I didn’t install any additional plugins, thought after I launched Atom again, params in .json started to appear as links

It is very disturbing.

1 Like

Does it happen when you start Atom from the Terminal with atom --safe?

Tracked at https://github.com/atom/language-json/issues/75

2 Likes

Yes, I openned it from termianl (thought, without --save), just atom <folderName>

Yes, that’s it. I’m looking at Fix hyperlink highlighting #76

and couldn’t find /grammars or /grammar-selector in atom/packages

What am I doing wrong?

I didn’t ask you whether or not you opened it from the terminal. I asked you to tell me what happens when you open it with the --safe switch in order to check if the culprit is a package you installed or something built into Atom.

Neither of those things exist. The grammar selector is built into Atom and you already have access to it (just click on the grammar name on the status bar). Grammars are part of language packages, and the language-json package is built into Atom, so you won’t find it under .atom/packages/.

@DamnedScholar I have the same issue. Tried opening with atom --safe, but the issue is still there.

Yesterday this wasn’t the case, so I’m a bit baffled why it changed overnight. I didn’t update the app in between, at least to my knowledge.

Also, interestingly, part of the text is now totally unformatted…

If there’s anything that can help you solve this issue, don’t hesitate to ask.

tell me what happens when you open it with the --safe

Everything stays the same

and the language-json package is built into Atom, so you won’t find it under .atom/packages/

It seems, that Fix hyperlink highlighting #76 is a solution to the problem, cause incorrect regex causing params to appear as links in .json.

How can I apply that fix? (Or what should I do instead)

@Aerijo provided us with the answer earlier in the thread. It’s in the GitHub issue.

You’re missing a comma on line 75 and another on line 84. Does that change anything?

Because the issue is caused by a built-in package.

How can I apply that fix? (Or what should I do instead)

You can wait until the next version comes out, or you can override the package by using apm install https://github.com/atom/language-json. Keep in mind that you’ll have to have a compatible build pipeline for node-gyp to use, so follow those instructions first. This will prevent language-json from updating on its own, so you’ll have to remember to remove the copy you installed when you want to switch back to the version bundled with Atom.

1 Like

It’s been released one hour ago :slight_smile:

1 Like