Why isn't responsiveness for my website working!

I have been bugged why!!! I am following Dani Krossing’s Free Online Course video on how you make responesive site. But I can’t seem to understand why isn’t my code to make my website responsive working.

Here is my code <meta name="viewport"content=“width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0”>

Pls help, I am getting desprate

Your tag looks right.

width=device-width sets the width of the page to follow the screen-width of the device, and
initial-scale=1.0 sets the zoom level so that it matches the device when it’s first loaded.

Check W3 Schools for reference.

Are there other parts of your code where you’re changing viewport somehow?

I do spot a possible syntax spacing error in tag.
You have no space character between …
<meta name="viewport" and content=“width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0”>
I would try … without knowing if this syntax works …
<meta name="viewport"; content=“width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0”;>

Thanks for the help but it sadly didn’t work. I guess this is the kinda thing where it just won’t work. Also I am kinda ok now that it is not responsive.

Yeah i know it looked fine too but i am ok now that it didn’t work

Oh please, stop speculating if don’t even know the answer – this isn’t valid HTML. Your initial idea wasn’t that much off though, there actually is a space missing:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0">

@CodingENTHUSIAST This forum is for Atom support, not to help you with your homework. There are better places for this. A simple Google search would probably come up with a million examples of how to write your markup correctly.

Here are some tips:

• consult the documentation, e.g. the Mozilla Developer Network is an excellent resource for all things related to the web
  • post to a forum specialized in the topic you’re asking about
  • always post an MRE to give context
  • post code inside code-blocks, otherwise your markup might get screwed up (e.g. all the quotes in this thread are incorrect!)

True I was guessing … but the missing space was obvious.
Try here w3schools.

Or within Atom … validator.