Where are ignored files calculated?

Hi folks,
Atom has a bug whereby it miscalculates its ignored files, leaving large swathes of a project inaccessible ( https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/4095 ). The bug causes me much consternation, but there doesn’t seem to be a great deal of activity on the ticket - I’m willing to do some investigation myself here, but I was hoping someone would be able to give me a head start in pointing out where the calculations for ignoring files are performed, as it’s not something I’ve been able to find so far.
Would anyone be willing to give me a point in the right direction, please?

The tree view uses git-utils which wraps libgit2. git-utils passes paths off to libgit2 to determine their ignored status, so bugs are likely to be in that library.

git-utils is currently using libgit2 v0.21.2, so maybe you could try upgrading libgit2 to v0.22 to see if they’ve already fixed the issue.

That’s very useful, gives me somewhere to start, thanks - is the fuzzy file launcher thing (cmd-p) driven off the tree view, or off of git-utils directly?

To my understanding, both the Tree View and the Fuzzy Finder use the GitRepository class for accessing Git information about files.

That’s great, thanks.