What is the expected result of clicking the "# update(s)" text in the status bar?

I see this in the bottom-right corner of my Atom 1.3.3 window running in OS X 10.10.5:

When I click it, the icon and the text disappear, but otherwise nothing appears to happen.

When I restart Atom, the icon and the text are back just as before.

What should happen when I click that?

I don’t know how it works but I’ve found if I type apm upgrade in a command-line everything is upgraded.

It indicates that 2 of your installed packages (not the core packages) are ready to be manually updated. If you click on it, it should open the settings page, on the updates tab (Available Updates), checking for the most recent package updates.

If you click on it, it should open the settings page, on the updates tab (Available Updates), checking for the most recent package updates.

Thanks. Turns out I was hitting a bug that caused nothing to happen except for the icon+text to disappear. :slightly_smiling:

I opened it as https://github.com/atom/settings-view/issues/723: Clicking “n update(s)” text in status bar has no effect if Settings is open in multiple tabs.