I’ve had trouble when discussing the thingie that holds the editor text and selected by a tab. I’ve seen many terms and so far I have randomly used different ones …
- Tab: This is wrong because a tab is the little thing at the top
- Editor: This is wrong because at times the contents are not an editor. It can even be a webpage (grin). Also all of Atom is an editor.
- Item: This is what it is called in the code. The fact that such a meaningless term was used means the coder also didn’t know what to call it.
- Page: I can’t think of anything wrong with this term but no one would call it a page.
- File: Again, not always a file.
Any suggestions? Maybe a poll?