Weird growing blank space in editor view

Hi!

For a while now, I have this weird blank space on the right side of my editor view. It’s different from project to project (when I open a folder in Atom) and it seems to get bigger depending on how long I’ve worked on a project.

Here’s for example a blank file in a folder I opened up for the first time:

https://discuss.atom.io/uploads/github_atom/original/3X/a/b/ab7d9663b605437729d14c0fdc3f4cb814dbe061.png (open in a new tab to view, can’t post more than one image unfortunately)

Everything seems normal.

Here’s a Folder I’ve been working in for a while (around 50 hours)

https://discuss.atom.io/uploads/github_atom/original/3X/9/1/91002f8e40b730884125b814d06c9d2c5af5b189.png

See the weird blank space to the right?

And here’s a project I’ve worked on for around 300+ hours, it’s the worst case of this problem:

It’s just blank space, and I don’t know where it comes from… I disabled all plugins, reset the theme to default, nothing seems to change that.

Has anyone else come across this and has a solution? It would be much appreciated

At some point you resized the pane either by dragging the handle or using the “Pane: Decrease Size” command. You can either:

1. Use the “Pane: Increase Size” command to grow the pane back to its full size
  2. Save all your work, exit Atom and then launch Atom again with atom --clear-window-state

thanks, that fixed it… I don’t know how it happens, I definately didn’t drag the handle, and I can’t even find out what shortcut I might have accidentally used to decrease the pane size

There’s a FAQ for this now too:

Hi, in Windows you can use shortcut: Alt-Ctrl-- or at non-english keyboards it can be Alt-Ctrl-=

for mac os it’s alt-cmd-- or alt-cmd-=

Not sure what the purpose of those options are, I apparently tend to do them accidentally on a regular basis

i didn’t really understand how to lunch atom again.?

how to launch Atom again with atom --clear-window-state pleaze?

Open a command line and type atom --clear-window-state.

And how to open a command line ???

If you Google “windows command line”, you will find ample resources for learning about the cmd application.