Using npm modules in atom.io?

Node.js is part of Atom.io. So could this be used for npm modules without need to create an atom plugin and without a separate installation of node.js on the system? I want to use wintersmith directly with atom.io. As i currently see, atom haven’t any command shell to invoke commands. Would be a nice feature addition.

You can use npm modules in Atom. They just have to be included as a dependency of an Atom package. For example:

I think, i choosed the wrong term, sorry :D. I want to use npm applications with atom.io’s node.js. Similar like intellij ide’s allow it: http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/webhelp/node-js.html But i think its currnetly not supported, so a separete node.js is needed or the npm application needs to be packaged as atom.io package.

According to your link IntelliJ still needs you to have Node installed separately on your desktop:

If I understand correctly, that is in addition to what they call “node.js plugin” which allows IntelliJ to then use node internally.

If you have node installed on your machine, there is a package that allows you to run a script from inside atom, which includes node scripts (I tried one briefly).

(Btw, atom.io is the website, the application itself is just Atom ;))

Yep in intellij, you need node.js installed on the maschine, because is based on java. I thought Atom’s “Node.js integration” allow this somehow without node.js beign installed. Sorry for “atom.io:slight_smile:
So when i’ve understand this correctly, i could create a package with npm module dependency and atom will install it, like leedohm described above.