Useful path autocompletion

There’s one thing from Brackets missing in Atom. Path autocompletion for html, css and so on.
I’ve tried out the autocomplete-paths package but I find it quite useless, it doesn’t look for files starting from the current document’s folder. Is there any alternative? I couldn’t find any.

This seems like what you want. From the readme:

If filename starts from a slash /, then it is interpreted as a relative pathname in the project folder.

Actually I tried that out too, but it’s quirky. When you type the slash it stays there, so you have to backtrack and delete it.
Otherwise the browser won’t recognize the link.

You may want to submit a bug or feature request on the package @DamnedScholar suggested. The Atom FAQ has information on how to contact the maintainers of any Atom community package or theme.

Thanks, I tried that but it takes me to a Pull Request interface, I don’t actually know what a Pull Request is.

If you click on the Bugs button, it takes you to the Issues interface, not the Pull Request interface. What you want to do is submit an issue regarding your request.

A pull request (PR) is a tool used in git to let the maintainer of the repository know that you have changes to be introduced. Here’s one of my recent pull requests as an example. A PR should generally be very narrow, fixing or implementing just one thing so that each individual set of changes can be evaluated and integrated separately. Thanks to git, it’s possible to create many different branches of a project for implementing completely separate changes, submitting all of those PRs simultaneously, then maintainers choosing which changes to merge in and when.

This particular package doesn’t seem to have the Issues interface, I get redirected to the Pull Request interface.

You’re correct, the autocomplete-project-paths package doesn’t have Issues enabled.

I’ll try to check out the code, see if I can make it work as I’d like. I’m starting to think Atom is a little bit more oriented towards coding in general than coding for the web. Brackets is probably more web-oriented, but it’s got some bugs I can’t stand.

We don’t specifically skew Atom towards coding for the web, if that’s what you mean. On the flip side, we use Atom to develop Atom and Electron … so if I’m doing programming with web technologies for Atom … is that coding for the web? Or in general? :thinking:

:relaxed: It would take Bertrand Russell to answer this one.