Updating file path in duplicated HTML file

So within my project folder I have an index HTML file which links to my CSS page and other various resources that will be used by ALL future HTML webpages created.

My problem
I have a process of duplicating one file that properly links to CSS, images, etc. to save the time later on of relinking all those resources but when I do duplicate it (I also move the new file into a different folder for personal organization) the URL paths to my resources DO NOT update like they automatically would in Dreamweaver.

My perfect solution
Upon duplicating a file, I would like to move that file anywhere within the confines of my project folder and have all external files linked properly and automatically.

Please help me find a solution!

Thanks,
Bytor

Did you search atom.io/packages? If there isn’t anything there then someone should write one. It doesn’t sound too hard. You could try to do it. (grin)

I have searched there, nothing for what I am looking for exists there.

sound like a task for a post processor à la grunt, brunch et al.

maybe this ?
https://www.npmjs.com/package/grunt-img-find-and-copy

or this ?

or even this

That doesn’t seem to be what I am talking about. When I duplicated an HTML in my project folder in Dreamweaver, I moved the file to a folder, upon moving the file Dreamweaver prompted me with this (which is EXACTLY what I am seeking for in Atom.

Did you find a solution to this? I would also like a package that kept track of the relationship between files and asked to update links when files move or files names change.

Sadly nothing yet that we’re looking for.

A workaround I have done for this issue, although not the most ideal, is to create a template webpage that resides in each folder of my website. This allows me to only have to setup/update the URL’s for each new webpage in a new folder rather than creating a new file from scratch in each folder and updating the links again and again.

Here is an image depicting each html file linking to the styles.css file and how the linking differs. Once I have one file in folder html or sub-html, I then only have to dupliate it since the links are correct.

Also: I suppose I should point out that I tend to map out my website in the folder structure so I can wrap my mind around the organization before getting lost in it. I hope this all helps! :smiley: