Unusual crash on launch with small subset of users with packaged electron app

I have an app I am packaging up with electron 0.34.3 (it had problems at 0.33.x as well) that is causing the most infuriating crash. It appears to only happen to a small subset of users predominantly on windows 10 (although I have at least one confirmed windows 8.1 and one windows 7).

What is making this infuriating is that I have whittled down the app to the absolute basics and it still happens and it seems actively resistant to giving me any kind of error about it.

I have had users able to reproduce it when the app is nothing more than:

var app = require('app'); // Module to control application life.
var BrowserWindow = require('browser-window'); // Module to create native browser window.
var dialog = require('dialog');
var mainWindow = null;

var debugProcess = function() {
    mainWindow = new BrowserWindow({
		"width": 800,
        "height": 470,
        "use-content-size": true,
        "frame": true,
        "transparent": false,
		"resizable": false
    });

// and load the index.html of the app.
    mainWindow.loadUrl('about:blank');

mainWindow.openDevTools({detach: true});
};

app.on('ready', debugProcess);
app.on('activate-with-no-open-windows', debugProcess);
app.on('app-command', function (e, cmd) {
    if (cmd === 'browser-refresh') debugProcess();
});
app.on('window-all-closed', function() {
    dialog.showErrorBox('Event Received','window-all-closed received');
});

I am able to get dialog to run showError but wrapping everything in try / catch or setting an ‘uncaughtException’ handler does not trigger. All it seems to do on affected systems is briefly flash a window (as if it was opening) and immediately quit. No error. Nothing I can think of will get it to give me a whiff of a clue what is going on.

The exact same code is running on a few thousand machines with no issue but there are a handful that are all getting this infuriating mind crushing bug. (the app in question is the launcher for Descent: Underground - http://store.steampowered.com/app/360950/).

I have had the users uninstall AV, disable security software and basically strip their machine down to only windows and drivers to no avail.

I am not sure where to look next or what to even look for as I have pared down the code for test purposes as much as it can be. Can anyone share any ideas of how to dig more info out of what is going on? Keep in mind that I do not have access to a machine where this is happening, all the testing I am doing I basically have to put up a debug build and get it to one of the few users having this issue.

Many thanks for any help you can provide or guidance you can suggest.

Anyone have anything? I am at my wits end.