Unable to start the Python language server :: python -m pip install 'python-language-server[all]'

dear developer dear ATOM-Team

the question as of today: Unable to start the Python language server :: python -m pip install ‘python-language-server[all]’

added a pyhton code and suddenly i got back the following waring

Unable to start the Python language server.
Make sure to install pyls 0.19 or newer by running:

and the following one:

python -m pip install 'python-language-server[all]'

well - to be frank ;: i am on MX-Linux and there Pyton is installed by default. So whats the fuss?!

i am not sure what ATOM wants from me now!?

can any body help out here

funny - i get these messages - but besides this - i am able to run python scripts.

i have no glue what is going on here - it is very interesting.

does any body have a idea why i get the above mentoend error messag - what can i do - what should i do!?

love to hear from you

regards

Let us be clear. Atom is just one actor on the development stage. It is up to you the choreographer to get all the actors working together.

I happen to have anaconda installed (by choice, not necessity) and when I run your command I see this …

~$ python -m pip install 'python-language-server[all]'
Requirement already satisfied: python-language-server[all] in ./anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages (0.31.7)

plus a host of other messages confirming that I have already installed it.

I advise that you check outside Atom (using google search) when troubleshooting Python. Try using as a search pattern …

Atom NEAR python -m pip install 'python-language-server[all]'

“NEAR” is one of Google’s search operators and looks for the string Atom “near or colocated with” your string.

Google search operators reference.

As explained in an earlier post your only communication between Python and Atom need be through process-palette commands. In this case, Atom is not at fault. The “choreographer” is at fault.