Unable to pageup and pagedown in Atom Editor

I’m revisiting the latest version of Atom to see if it’s a contender for my go-to text editor (currently Sublime Text).

However it seems I’m unable to pageup or pagedown when in the text editor body of Atom. The pageup and pagedown keys work fine when scrolling through the Settings > Settings or Settings > Keybindings pages, but no response when in the main editor window.

I’m using Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.2 with Atom 1.8.0 and am using an external PC style keyboard. I also use Karabiner keymapping app but am not sure that’s related.

Has anyone come across this? How do I map pageup/pagedown correctly? Is there any way in Atom to report back the keystroke it’s receiving when I press a key?

Thanks.

Have you tried using the Keybinding Resolver (Cmd+. on OS X and Ctrl+. on other platforms)? It will show you what key Atom saw you press and the command that was triggered because of it.

(It is also mentioned in the Debugging section of the Atom Flight Manual.)

Thank you kindly. This helped me resolve the issue. for some reason when i press pagedown or pageup it’s showing alt+pagedown and alt+pageup. Easily fixed with the keymap.cson - thanks.