Teletype package - How does the collaboration works

Hello,

About the teletype package. Does the distant collaborator have the file in local ? How does it works precisely ? Can I share an all directory that my collaborator can explore and edit as he wants ? Or is it just one file ? Can he then download my files for example execute it on his side ?

Thank you.

I’ll share some comments based on my understanding/searching :memo:

About the teletype package. Does the distant collaborator have the file in local ?

The file is only on the host’s file system but a guest can save a copy of the file locally if they want if you do a Save as.

How does it works precisely ?

The blog post has an “Implementation Details” section that might be helpful and you can always view the source as well:

Can I share an all directory that my collaborator can explore and edit as he wants ? Or is it just one file ?

As of Teletype 3.0, you can now work on multiple files together:

So you can’t directly share a directory or project, but you can open multiple files that are shared with guests. See this comment for more details on the changes:

Can he then download my files for example execute it on his side ?

Guests can save the host’s files locally like I mentioned above but I’m not sure what you mean about executing on the guest side? If you save the file locally you can do whatever you’d like with the file.