Syncing Atom packages with git

Hey all,

I’m currently synchronising my configuration files (of several programs, such as Git, ZSH, Atom, VIM, etc) between computers using a personal Git repository. On the topic of Atom: currently I only sync my Atom configuration and keymap files. However, I would love to be able to sync my packages too.

One approach would be to simply add my entire ~/.atom to the git repo. However, that gets big really fast. So here comes my question: is there a way to save the list of packages, in such a way that Atom can install newly added ones and uninstall those that were removed from the list? That way I only have to add that list of packages to the Git repo.

It’s fine if I have to run an external command for this; I already have an install.sh in my Git repo that symlinks all the managed files into place.

You’re looking for package-sync.

Thanks, that’s indeed what I was looking for.

This is a duplicate of a previous topic:

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.