Switch between last used panes

Is there any way to switch between the two last used panes, like with Sublime’s next_view_in_stack command, which by default is bound to ctrl-tab? Does Atom have such a stack?

MRU tab switching

test driving a windows build. it’s nowhere to be found. extremely annoying.

Yes, this reallly needs to be possible.

In the meantime you can sort of achieve this by doing Cmd-T (or the Windows equivalent), then Enter, since the previously used pane will always be at the top of the list.

This suggests that Atom internally does keep a stack of last used panes, so adding a command for switching to the previously used pane (which can then be bound to a key combo) is probably quite simple. Pretty please?

Pretty please from me too. Stupid as it sounds, but this is a deal-breaker feature for me personally.

Moving also from Sublime CMD-T is somewhat a remedy.
I’m not using US layout so CMD-SHIFT-[ combinations are quite awkward

CMD-Tab switches logically between MRU applications, so Ctrl-Tab would be logical to use for MRU-tabs (maybe a setting if someone prefers the current behaviour)

I am using https://github.com/guillaume86/tab-history which works great for now.

tab-switcher also does this. After installing it, you can override the default tab switching behavior by putting the following in your ~/.atom/keymap.cson file (by default it just adds an extra keybinding for MRU tab switching, and doesn’t override the old one):

'atom-workspace':
  'ctrl-tab': 'tab-switcher:next'
  'ctrl-shift-tab': 'tab-switcher:previous'