I recently have been attempting to switch from Sublime Text to Atom. I typically have a two pane setup with code on the left and markdown on the right. For markdown I use a really nice package called MarkdownEditing.
There are a few features that I haven’t been able to replicate in Atom and I’m wondering if it’s even possible.
- Markdown text is centered in the pane (the entire editing area is centered not the lines of text)
- Markdown tabs have a different syntax theme
- It doesn’t use the same theme as my code (the code is monokai with a dark background and markdown has a light background)
- Line numbers are hidden
- Rulers are hidden
- Invisibles are hidden (space and tab characters)
- Different line length and soft-wrap setting than my code
So, I guess the main feature here is different settings for .md files. Is it possible to have syntax specific settings like this in Atom?