Styling the find/replace panel

I’m using a font in my editor which for some reason doesn’t scale very well. This is fine for the editor, but atom uses the font in the find/replace panel and makes it look horrible.

Is it possible to override the style with my stylesheet? I’ve tried various things, but nothing seems to work - I think it’s because the panel seems to have it’s own stylesheet separate from the main window?

Yes, the entire UI is HTML. If you open Atom in Dev Mode (using atom --dev), you can right-click any UI element and select “Inspect Element”, just like in your web browser.

That’s what I’ve already tried, but the elements don’t seem to get the styles in my stylesheet applied to them.

For example, the text field for entering a search term is contained in elements with classes “editor–private”, “mini”, “scroll-view”, “editor-contents–private”, “input-block”, “input-block-item”, etc. but applying extra styles to those classes doesn’t work (even when adding !important).

There is also no element with an id that I can find.

You’ll have to share what you’re trying to do. I haven’t had any problem editing my find and replace box.

This bit of styling turns the bottom section bright green:

atom-panel-container.bottom atom-panel {
    background-color: green;
}

In order to touch the text inside the Find and Replace boxes, we just do this:

atom-panel-container.bottom atom-text-editor::shadow div.line {
     font-size: 200%;
}

You probably want to style the placeholder too, so that selector needs to be modified.

atom-panel-container.bottom atom-text-editor::shadow div.line, atom-panel-container.bottom atom-text-editor::shadow div.placeholder-text {
}

And there we go. Pretty cool, except that those selectors are nigh unreadable. Good thing we’re working in LESS, so we can just do a little nesting…

atom-panel-container.bottom atom-panel {
    background-color: green;

atom-text-editor::shadow {
        div.line, div.placeholder-text {
        }
    }
}

Piece of cake.

I think it was the “::shadow” that I was missing.

It’s looking much better now… Thank you! :grin:

No problem. :slight_smile: