Stuck selecting lines after clicking on line number

I get into this state when I click on a line number in the gutter. The only way out of this seems to be to close the file.

This is one of many extremely frustrating text selection issues I encounter daily, but the only one I’ve managed to get a video of. The others are usually fixed when I tab over to a different application and then tab back. Ill keep trying on those.

Is this, by chance, a strange feature that I am just unaware of? It is useful to be able to select a range this way, but there needs to be a clear way out. Escape key, clicking somewhere in the editor, tabbing to a different file. Anything other than having to close the file all together.

Stuck selecting lines in Atom (YouTube)

Selection stuck across reboots

Video is marked private. Also, what platform are you on? What version of Atom?

Woops, thanks. It should be public now.

OSX Mavericks, Atom version 0.94.0.

If you close Atom and launch it again using atom --safe, can you reproduce the issue? I suspect it is because of a package you’re using … because I can’t reproduce the issue and I’m on OS X 10.9.2 and Atom version 0.94.0.

This looks like what would happen if the shift key got stuck.

(Assuming that’s it) I wonder if that’s something that Atom could have a problem with or if it would need to be hardware related.

Opening Atom using --safe seems to have resolved this issue. Cool, thanks!

Update: This seems to be an issue with the package Atom Handlebars.

Thanks for the update! And I see you’ve filed a bug on the package :smiley:

For future reference: https://github.com/Sneagan/atom-handlebars/issues/10

This is a bug with Atom. I’m experiencing the same issue.

This is beginning to get really annoying.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have the React editor enabled?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

Windows 8.1, and OSX Mavericks.
Yes
Yes

I have no additional packages installed, only what comes with Atom. I don’t have Handlebars installed. I attempted to fix the broken save-as to do save-all (but seems that is unsupported, another bug as far as im concerned). Other than that, I’ve made 0 changes to Atom.

It’s super easy to reproduce with 2 panels open, with 1 panel it’s a little harder, but I can reproduce it enough, but with two, basically just select, alt tab, come back, panel is all selection, change to any other tab, no issues, go back to original tab, stuck in selection.

I’ve been fighting this for 2 weeks now and I’m done, gone back to sublime text until this is fixed.

No ETA on getting this fixed?

It would be useful if you could share what exactly the issue is, how you get it to reproduce, maybe even file a bug? I’ve attempted to reproduce the issue with how you described it, but have been unable to.

This seems to be fixed in 0.123.0, haven’t been able to reproduce it, can still reproduce it in 0.122.0 so I donno what’s changed.