Something like smart code? How do I start?

Hi guys, this is my very first post so be cool please.

I’m working in a big company that uses it’s self-made classes (bootstrap like), we have MANY MANY standards to follow.

I’d like to know if it’s possible to have a plugin/package (I don’t know the diff between those) to do something like Eclipse do.

When I type a IMG tag, and them type class="", in Eclipse if I press Crtrl + Space, many options will appear and show me a small tip about classes I can use. Like when we do in Atom, with tags.

Long story short, I’d like to build a library for classes in Atom, using our self-made classes and adding those a description.

How can I do that? Is there any tutorial or something like that?

Thank you very much!

[]'s

“Plugin” is a general term, which means basically the same across all of computers, but its form changes wildly from a simple script to a big, complicated binary depending on the software you’re talking about. “Package” refers to the fact that Atom’s specific plugin system is based off of NPM and every Atom package is also a Node package.

When I type a IMG tag, and them type class="", in Eclipse if I press Crtrl + Space, many options will appear and show me a small tip about classes I can use. Like when we do in Atom, with tags.

Atom can display any list of suggestions anywhere, provided the language package has given the field a scope that can be targeted by other packages. The package that adds suggestions is autocomplete-plus, and the instructions for creating new suggestions packages are there.

This is how Atom displays class="customClass":

As you can see, there’s nothing that identifies the space inside the quotes as the value of a class attribute. However, you also say that you don’t want an autocomplete, you want to be able to bring up a dropdown list of tags. I don’t know if autocomplete-plus can be activated via a command. I also don’t know exactly how hard it would be to create a new thing.

So, is there any way to do something I said? Or some little modal or something to us to see all classes and and descriptions?

I really want to do something to help us all :confused:

Thanks for the explanation!