Solved: Issue with installing on multiple machines?

I installed Atom on my RMBP last night and everything was fantastic.

This afternoon I installed it on my work MBP and it’s not starting up correctly. I get a blank window with the web inspector open. The only menu available is the Atom menu. The only options there are Reload, Close Window, Toggle Devtools, and Quit. If I choose anything but Quit, I get an error window with the following text:

uncaughtException
TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'focusedWindow'
  at submenu.click (/Users/shussey/Downloads/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/browser/application-menu.js:122:37)
  at MenuItem.click (/Users/shussey/Downloads/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/browser/api/lib/menu-item.js:38:18)
  at delegate.executeCommand (/Users/shussey/Downloads/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/browser/api/lib/menu.js:78:31)

EDIT:

The inspector reports another error:

TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'register' at window.onload

Then it gives a path to a file within the Atom.app package that I can’t copy and paste because Atom doesn’t have those menu options at that point.

Anybody else seeing this?

Thanks,

Sean

Never mind. I moved it into the Applications folder and now everything is peachy.

I got a similar error now. I am only getting it when I am trying to invoke atom from command line for a specific project

TypeError: Object # has no method 'focusedWindow’
at submenu.click (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/browser/application-menu.js:153:37)
at MenuItem.click (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/atom/browser/api/lib/menu-item.js:38:18)
at delegate.executeCommand (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/atom/browser/api/lib/menu.js:78:31)

When I try to force quit I get editor is not responding message.

Note that I do not see this behaviour when I try to open other projects or directly atom from applications.