[SOLVED] Atom cannot change to any theme other than One Dark

I cannot change to any theme other than One Dark. If i try to change, it automatically changes to Atom Dark and i now cannot change anything unless i remove the following from config.cson

themes: [    
    "atom-dark-syntax"
]

Which then changes the theme back to One Dark.

And i cannot change the theme from here.

I am currently using Atom 1.3.3 on Arch Linux and i can give more info if neede.

What theme are you trying to change to? Are you changing syntax themes? Or UI themes? Or both?

The theme settings in the config.cson aren’t meant to be changed manually, so you may want to try this to reset your theme configuration to defaults:

1. Completely exit all instances of Atom
  2. Delete the themes array completely from config.cson
  3. Start Atom again

Then try changing the theme again.

Both doesnt’t work[quote=“leedohm, post:2, topic:24360”]
The theme settings in the config.cson aren’t meant to be changed manually, so you may want to try this to reset your theme configuration to defaults:

Completely exit all instances of Atom
Delete the themes array completely from config.cson

Start Atom again

Then try changing the theme again.
[/quote]
Didn’t work.

What theme are you trying to change to? It could be broken.

Any theme. Even the defaults don’t work.

Well, that’s not completely true because you’re saying One Dark and Atom Dark work?

Well, after it sets to Atom Dark, even switcing to One Dark doesn’t work unless i remove the themes from config.cson (as i said in OP)

Sounds like your installation of Atom is broken. You should uninstall and reinstall.

That didn’t work. Even tried removing ~/.atom but it didn’t work either.

BTW i got Atom from the atom Arch Linux repository, is that the problem?

It could well be. You probably should contact the package maintainer.

Well, I Uninstalled and reinstalled from the AUR (basically recompiled from source) and also tried the beta. Nothing worked.

I feel like this will have an easy solution since the past two problems I encountered had super easy solutions I didn’t think about.

Hello,

I have the exact same problem:

• tried the aur package (atom-editor and atom-editor-git)
  • tried the atom (from the archlinux repository) package

And the console doesn’t show anything

So thank you very much in advance if anyone has a solution :slight_smile:

EDIT: Solution found: install atom-editor-bin package from AUR

Well, for some reasons other than Atom, i needed to switch to Ubuntu. And it works pretty fine here.

Since i am no longer using Arch, i cannot test @Scriptor’s solution, but i am marking this as solved.

I solved it by installing the atom-editor-bin package instead of the other ones.