SOLVED: Another tidy path issue on Mint... Win 10 working fine?

Hi i have installed Atom on win10 with linter linter-tidy and tidy it all works great.
I am having serious issues with tidy path not found on Mint. I hope someone can help as I am stumped.

$ echo $PATH
/home//bin:/home//.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games

$ which tidy
/usr/bin/tidy

$ whereis tidy
tidy: /usr/bin/tidy /etc/tidy.conf /usr/include/tidy.h

$ tidy -v
HTML Tidy for Linux version 5.7.16

$ tidy -f errs.txt -imu index.html
errs.txt >>
line 16 column 3 - Warning: lacks “alt” attribute
Info: Document content looks like HTML5
Tidy found 1 warning and 0 errors!

Without tidy manual path set in linter-tidy:
Dev tools report:
Uncaught Error: write EPIPE
at exports._errnoException (util.js:1050:11)
at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:813:14)

[Linter] Error running tidy Error: Failed to spawn command tidy. Make sure tidy is installed and on your PATH

With linter-tidy manual path set to /usr/bin/tidy

Uncaught Error: write EPIPE
at exports._errnoException (util.js:1050:11)
at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:813:14)

[Linter] Error running tidy Error: Failed to spawn command /usr/bin/tidy. Make sure /usr/bin/tidy is installed and on your PATH

I dont know what to make of it, in Win 10 it worked straight off the bat.

Thanks

The echo $PATH has // where I tried to enclose the word USER instead of the actual username, but i believe it to be correct.

I’m happy, I came back to Lunix Mint today and saw that the Mint repo version of Atom was version 1.26. The website has 1.27 so i followed the instructions to add the repo and installed it, installed the linter stuff and it worked straight away.

Don’t use Mints repo for Atom use:

curl -L https://packagecloud.io/AtomEditor/atom/gpgkey | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb [arch=amd64] https://packagecloud.io/AtomEditor/atom/any/ any main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/atom.list’
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install atom