Snippets package not honoring autocomplete-plus confirmation key setting

I am using the current version of Atom. I had Autocomplete-plus set such that neither the “tab” or “enter” key would confirm a suggestion from the autocomplete list, and I have “shift-enter” linked in my keymap to the “confirm” command.

Today, Atom stopped honoring that setting, and will confirm with a “tab” press, although not “enter”. It still accepts my “shift-enter” combo to confirm. After some tinkering, I discovered that disabling the snippets package returns autocomplete-plus to its expected behavior, however I can no longer “tab” through the tab stops in a snippet.

I tried binding “snippet:expand” to “shift-tab”, but snippet still accepts “tab” for confirmation in addition to now accepting “shift-tab” also. I tried binding “snippet:expand” to “unset!”, but that didn’t have any effect, either.

Has anyone else come across this problem or have any idea how to solve it? I can’t think of what I could have done to change anything in this manner. It was working yesterday. Today installed “platformio-ide” and later noticed the problem, but there are no settings for it. I uninstalled it just to be safe, but still have the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I realized I could at least mask the problem by disabling the default keybindings for the snippet package and then creating my own bindings for tabbing forward and backward through the tab stops. I was able to use the “unset!” value for the “expand” command. I’m not sure if “unset!” is actually having the desired effect or just that the keybinding is not set to any actual key combo, thereby avoiding triggering it.

Either way, I have the desired functionality back. I would still be interested to learn why the snippet package stopped honoring the autocomplete-plus package’s setting to not use “tab” or “enter” for autocomplete confirmation.