Snippets in SCSS Not Triggering

I very often use block comments to designate sections within a file and can’t seem to get an SCSS comment block working.

'.source.scss':
'SCSS Comment':
'prefix': '// '
'body': '// ------------------------------------------------------------------- //\n//\n// ------------------------------------------------------------------- //\n$

The desired outcome:

// ------------------------------------------------------------------- //
//  Module A: Blog Listing
// ------------------------------------------------------------------- //

I’ve tried using .text.scss and replacing .scss with .sass but no luck. Are snippets in SCSS supported? Lots of topics related to snippets mention they really only work in HTML/CSS/JQ right now.

Hey Geebru,

I’ve had the same issue, except with using .source.less. Just disabled emmet and found it works now. I’d try the same. It’s sucks because it’s kind of a tradeoff but I honestly use snippets more than emmet. I wish I didn’t have to though because I lose a few cool features. If anyone has a solution besides this, I’d like to know.

I’m having the same issue. Snippets that trigger in normal css files are not triggering in .scss files. I don’t have emmet installed so @masoninthesis’s solution hasn’t worked for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and have the found a solution?

Thanks.

Edit: If I change the grammar of my .scss files to css then the snippets work but then you don’t get syntax highlighting for sass.

Edit2: My custom snippets seem to be working now. Sorry for the unnecessary comment.

Memo
I can resolve this:

'.source.css.scss':
  'comment':
    'prefix': 'comment'
    'body': '// -----------------\n' +
            '// $0\n' +
            '// -----------------\n';

This one solved the problem !
Thanks !

@masoninthesis thank you for pointing out that it’s Emmet overriding the built-in snippets! That solved my problem. I just wanted to add that you can make snippets in Emmet, if you want to have your cake and eat it too:

https://docs.emmet.io/customization/snippets/