Sidebar color git not resetting

I thought the sidebar color where to represent the git status, but the colours stay the same no matter what i do.

Mac OS 10.10 Atom Version 0.146.0 (0.146.0)

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

Maybe im to noob but how do you launche atom in safe mode?

I did

/cd /Applications 
atom --safe

and

/Applications/Atom.app --safe

Open a Terminal window and type atom --safe. If you haven’t launched Atom from the command line before, you may need to use the Install Shell Commands menu item first.

Ok I have installed shel commands (this is under atom > install shell commands) and ran Atom in safe mode, but the same thing happens all my folders/files are having colours, but there are no changes in my git.

Can you attach a screenshot of what you see?

Screenshot of the Atom sidebar + Github repo changes

Am I reading that screenshot correctly that the repo is in the Trash? (Sorry, I don’t use GitHub for Mac.)

It does look like your GitHub folder is in the ~/.Trash folder.

Sometimes, it seems, I need to run git status on the project root folder, for the colors to update. I don’t know the equivialent for the Github App.

That was it! Weird I moved the repo but i was still able to commit even though it thought it was in the trash. Thanks to both!

I have the exact same issue here, although my project is not in .Trash.

Running git status tells me it is up to date (so does the GitHub app). I have other github projects and they all look fine in atom. I’ve tried the following to no avail:

• Moving the repo
  • Removing the local repo and cloning it from github again
  • Uninstalling atom by deleting all files mentioned in this thread
  • adding filemode = false to my .gitconfig

Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this? Is there perhaps a cache I can delete that wasn’t mentioned in the post above?

Edit: found the problem: when a filename contains a character with an umlaut (e.g. åäö) it seems to confuse Atom to think the file does not exist at github (although it does). I’ll see if I can come up with anything else.

If you want to see the problem yourself, you can clone my project (small, markdown files only):

git clone https://github.com/morberg/recept.git

and open it in Atom. It would be useful if someone could verify they have the same issue on their machine.

I would check to see an a similar issue exists on github.com/atom/atom. In there is none, add an issue.

Couldn’t find any similar reported issue. FWIW it works fine on Windows 7, but not OS X 10.10.1. Submitted this: