Show/Hide Fold Buttons

Hi guys. I was wondering if this feature exists in Atom?

Cause in both Sublime Text and Atom, the “fold arrows” auto fade after you hover them. Yet this is such a trouble whenever the code is long and has many folds already (like in HTML).

So maybe I’m missing something like this in Atom? Where you can show the “fold arrows” permanently.

PS. The image below is from SublimeText.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Showing folding lines (One Dark)

I’m pretty sure all you have to do is restyle .foldable … but one of the CSS experts here can help with the specifics. (Generally the answer for UI stuff is to try CSS first.)

This worked for me:

atom-text-editor::shadow .line-number.foldable .icon-right {
  visibility: visible;
}

If that doesn’t work you could try visibility: visible!important;, or opacity: 1;, display: inline-block; if those properties are used to hide them.

Yeah I’ve tried searching it in the CSS codes of the themes, yet I found none. :frowning:
Could you refer me to someone who is knowledgeable in this field @leedohm? Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Where should I place it? @olmokramer
Sorry I’m a novice here. :grin:

Maybe @olmokramer? :laughing:

Where should I place it? Sorry I’m a novice here. :grin:

Oh right… Open your ~/.atom/styles.less and add it in there :smile:

You can open it from edit->open your stylesheet (the menu at the top of the window)

It would go in your styles.less. Open the Command Palette and search for Open Your Stylesheet.

Now this is what I call support :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you so much @olmokramer and @leedohm! :smiley:
PS. Kudos also to your dark-flat-ui @olmokramer, I’m using it right now. Superb design! (As a graphic designer myself) :grin:

You’re welcome, @anobilisgorse.
And thanks for the compliments! :smiley: