Settings not sticking in latest release .123.0

I just updated ATOM and I noticed that my settings for anything in the settings panel do not stick. This includes fonts, font sizes, and hidden files.

Can't set themes with Base16 Syntax package

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have the React editor enabled?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?
  • Do you have write access to the ~/.atom directory as the user that Atom is running under?

What OS and version are you running?
=> osx 10.9.4 all updates installed

Do you have the React editor enabled?
=> yes

Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?
=> running in safe mode does not fix it

Do you have write access to the ~/.atom directory as the user that Atom is running under?
=> yes

ok, this is really weird… after a detailed review if I alter my settings to the correct theme and fonts like soo…

and then I install and uninstall a package i.e…

my setting stick…

thoughts?

ok, I have tried purging ALL of my packages… NO LUCK

I don’t have any suggestions, no … I would suspect that it is some sort of permissions issue, but you’ve already answered that.

Can you file a bug on the settings-view package and link it back here?

Done:: https://github.com/atom/settings-view/issues/160

I suppose one other possibility, if permissions really isn’t the problem, is a package, or even an external process, that messes with the .atom folder or a file therein, maybe locking files for writing etc… that kind of thing.

so far my settings have stuck, but I am not sure if a package caused it or not.

could the cson file be the culprit somehow?

I have exactly the same issue in the latest .123 release. I am running the latest OS X 10.9.4 on a rMBP.

And I can confirm my answer is also “yes” to each one of Leedohm’s initial set of questions.