Selection highlight bug

It’s not a big problem, but it really drives me up a wall for some reason.

When I select text, it highlights in blue and then fades to my chosen highlight color (as set in my styles file). It doesn’t do this all the time. It doesn’t do it in newly opened files, however it will start happening on some files and continue happening until I close and reopen the file.

I’m using Atom 1.3.3 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.5.

The best I can figure is that some key combination is handing over highlighting control to the system defaults, but I can’t figure out what’s causing it or where those settings are coming from.

You can see it on the image below. I started highlighting at the top of the page dragged down.

Update: I just managed to replicate the error. When I did a “find” in a single file and then cycled through the results it caused the highlighting bug. I still don’t know what’s causing it.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Have you tried updating to the latest version of Atom?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

I didn’t know about the Debugging document. Thanks for that! Sadly, I tried everything in there and to no avail. The problem persists.

Also, I am using the latest release version of Atom, and the problem continues in safe mode. I also disabled all packages without any improvement. Weird.