Selecting text and then pressing Ctrl+D to select the next occurrence doesn't always work

I can’t reliably replicate this bug because it happens arbitrarily, but sometimes when I highlight text and press Ctrl+D to select the next substring occurrence, it doesn’t work. Clicking around randomly or switching tabs or restarting the editor sometimes fixes it. Is anyone else having this issue?

I didn’t even know this was a feature. That’s really cool. It seems to add the next occurrence to the selection, and stops when it runs out of occurrences that aren’t selected. That’s not what’s happening to you, is it?

Have you tried using the Keybinding Resolver (Cmd+. on OS X and Ctrl+. on other platforms)? It will show you what key Atom saw you press and the command that was triggered because of it.

You also might want to try Safe Mode: atom --safe

@Aarilight No, the issue is that sometimes it doesn’t work at all. Highlighting the text and pressing Ctrl+D doesn’t select the next occurrence. It’s an all or nothing bug, it seems.

@leedohm I’m not sure why the key-bindings would be failing since it works some of the time. I’ll check it out next time it happens, though. It’s not just a single computer that has this issue. My home computer does this as well. My guess is the act of manually highlighting a word to trigger substring matching when using Ctrl+D isn’t something other users do commonly so it hasn’t been reported.

There have been plenty of intermittent problems that have been tracked down to key binding issues. Eliminating possibilities is the name of the game.