Scroll wheel acts like mouse clicking

Hey Atom folks -

I’m trying to run Atom inside an Ubuntu 14.04 VM, and i’m running into two issues that are fairly irritating.

1. Using the scroll wheel acts like i’m clicking, every time scroll up, down, or depress the wheel it registers like a left mouse click.

2. The clicks over the span of the editor are offset slightly, like i’ll click a file in the tree and it selects the one above it. And not by a small margin, i’m not clicking on the borderline.

None of these issues are present in gedit, or any other applications I’ve run in my VM previously.

Any thoughts?

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

I know that there was an issue with Atom and Chrome/Chromium on Ubuntu VMs at one point. I thought it was fixed though.

I did look through the debugging document, but nothing presented seemed to have any affect. Also, i don’t have Chrome or Chromium installed on my machine, so hopefully that’s a non-issues.

Starting with the --safe flag looks like it resolves the mouse pointer alignment issue, but scrolling still doesn’t work =/

I should be able to click and drag to highlight text too right? Because that doesn’t seem to work either…

EDIT: wanted to throw in, i’m using version 0.208.0

The reason why I brought up Chrome is that you do have Chromium installed on your machine. Atom uses Chromium as its base. So if Chrome has problems on your VM then it is likely Atom would too.

Your symptoms may be another version of this issue:

OK, those symptoms look like they might overlap, how can i go about updating chrome / chromium?

You can’t update the version of Chromium that’s built into Atom. You have to wait until it is updated like it says in the Issue.

So essentially I’m SoL until this update rolls out? That kinda sucks.

I’m having this problem also. Atom is essentially unusable. Fresh Ubuntu VM, installed Atom, and having the issue immediately.