Script runner... for running scripts of course :)

We just released 1.7.0 of https://atom.io/packages/script-runner which now supports multiple runner windows and fixes up a few other issues.

Would love to get some feedback from people about this as we are currently looking at what to implement next.

Some things we’d like help with if anyone is interested:

• Support input to the script.
  • Support a fixed size terminal window for the virtual tty.
  • Windows support (child_pty/winpty, etc).
  • Better header bar which allows sending arbitrary signals, restarting the process, etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Script-runner,

Running SQLite3 queries thru Ruby 2.3.3 on Linux/Ubuntu 16.04.
Script-runner latest version only shows 207 lines of 387 line SQL query.

Scrollback is 500. Setting it to 1,000 or more does not help.

Please fix!!

Thanks, Ken Wagner

Can you give me an example of what you are trying to do in more detail? Thanks.

I was not able to install or run script.

‘node"’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[Finished in 0.067s]

Is this about the package script, or the package script-runner?

The package installed and ran just fine, but it seems like you’re trying to run a Node script without having installed Node first. You should do that.

the package script. not sure which node package is needed.

You don’t need a Node package. You need Node itself.

download this Node.js?

Yes, go to the link I provided and download it.

still not running script in Atomic. ‘node"’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[Finished in 0.069s]

Have you restarted Atom since installing Node? If not, then do that and try again. If you have, open the command prompt and type node --version.

working now Thank you

Just wanted to say that I believe script and script runner only work if atom is launched from the command line targetting the requisite file (which you have done). If you then launch atom from a desktop shortcut, it may fail to run until you reopen it from command line.

Not at all. Packages know which folder to work in based on API methods such as atom.project.getPaths(). Even if the package is only running things in the first project folder, you can change which one is first by dragging them around.

Good to know. Thanks

Just wanted to say that I believe script and script runner only work if atom is launched from the command line targetting the requisite file (which you have done). If you then launch atom from a desktop shortcut, it may fail to run until you reopen it from command line.

script-runner specifically handles this case by getting the environment from your login shell. It should be the same no matter how you launch it.

How do I change the font size for the outut in Script-runner? And is there a reason the pyperclip module gives an assertion error when running python3 but no error appears when I run from the teminal?

You can take a look at the script-runner repo to see that the package spawns an element called atom-script-runner. You can use normal CSS rules to change the style of anything inside this element.

@DamnedScholar have node installed…Still nothing. Script runner works pretty fine on manjaro…but just won’t install on ark…Is there something else I need to do

For clarification: you get absolutely no response from the package? What happens if you try with an alternative package like script, termination, or process-palette?

Script runner works pretty fine on manjaro…but just won’t install on ark

Is it not installing or is it not running? There’s a difference. If I am to help you, I need to know exactly what has happened, and that means you need to use the most precise words possible. There is no room for ambiguity here.