Saving sessions onQuit

If you look at the pinned topic describing the Atom Roadmap:

You’ll see that there is a tracking issue for the things that, at this point in time, they intend to include in v1.0:

If you’re talking about my package, I’d like it to be done eventually, I just don’t have the time right now. It is of course open source, so anyone can help out if they want.

Is your package ready? Does it work? Whats the state of its development?

It works pretty well on OS X. There may be some issues with Windows at the moment, but I’m working on sorting them out. All the features on the readme work, and the issues page has some features that I would like to have at some point.

Feel free to try it out and create an issue if you have any problems.

I hope this feature will get into 1.0. In my opinion, it shouldn’t be done as a package, it should be core feature instead.

Really surprised this isn’t higher on their priority list. As far as I am concerned, this is one of the most important features a text editor should have, especially one clearly aimed at Sublime Text users. Not to mention the fact that this has literally been a standard and defining feature of Mac OS X for years, and every other app on the platform behaves as expected in this regard.

Also seems like those packages no longer work, so a workaround is not possible anymore. (EDIT: disregard, I managed to get save-session to work, just needed to create the save folder myself. Still doesn’t change my opinion on this)

Closing this topic in favor of the other recently-resurrected topic on the same issue:

Also, as I said over there, this is on the Atom v1.0 roadmap:

closed #28