Save Session Development

Hi,

I’m the creator of the package Save Session. Recently, I haven’t had much time to work on the project due to school, work, and other things. There are several issues, on the GitHub page that could use some work. Some are enhancements and others are bugs. Several of the enhancements have a lot of ideas planned out, but like I said, I just don’t have the time to implement them.

I would greatly appreciate it, if some of the community members from here could help out. Some of the most popular issues right now are remembering multiple projects, supporting panes, and a recent deprecation issue.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks.

I’m putting this on my to-do list but I won’t be done with my current project for at least two weeks.

Awesome. I don’t believe there is any rush on anything, so no worries.

I’m sorry to renege but I am not going to be helping. I have migrated to using a combination of packages and I’m not using save-session anymore. I considered helping anyway but I can’t get motivated when I’m not using it.

Hopefully someone reading this can step up to the plate.

It seems atom has added “ADD PROJECT FOLDER” feature which in many ways has actually resolved the session saving issue.

Yeah Atom has added a decent amount of what Save Session did, which is awesome. Now, Save Session has scaled back and only manages unsaved files.

Contributions are, of course, still welcome, but most of the big issues have been dealt with at this point.

I don’t know if here is the right place to post this, but I’m having trouble reporting an issue to your package.

I am still getting that error from the closed issue #54, but when I try to report it via GitHub, the “submit new issue” button is faded and nothing happens when I click on it.

Sooo… If anyone knows what can be causing this impediment of submitting a new issue, please tell me so I can migrate this to the issue page.

Atom Version: 0.210.0
System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Thrown From: save-session package, v0.15.5

Stack Trace

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

At file:///C:/Users/dionisiusma/AppData/Local/atom/app-0.210.0/resources/app.asar/static/index.html#%7B%22locationsToOpen%22%3A%5B%7B%7D%5D%2C%22bootstrapScript%22%3A%22C%3A%5C%5CUsers%5C%5Cdionisiusma%5C%5CAppData%5C%5CLocal%5C%5Catom%5C%5Capp-0.210.0%5C%5Cresources%5C%5Capp.asar%5C%5Csrc%5C%5Cwindow-bootstrap.js%22%2C%22resourcePath%22%3A%22C%3A%5C%5CUsers%5C%5Cdionisiusma%5C%5CAppData%5C%5CLocal%5C%5Catom%5C%5Capp-0.210.0%5C%5Cresources%5C%5Capp.asar%22%2C%22devMode%22%3Afalse%2C%22safeMode%22%3Afalse%2C%22includeDeprecatedAPIs%22%3Afalse%2C%22profileStartup%22%3Afalse%2C%22appVersion%22%3A%220.210.0%22%2C%22shellLoadTime%22%3A332%2C%22initialPaths%22%3A%5B%5D%7D:0

SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
  at Object.parse (native)
  at C:\Users\dionisiusma\.atom\packages\save-session\lib\files.coffee:14:26
  at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:379:3)

Config

{
  "core": {
    "disabledPackages": [
      "pigments",
      "remember-session"
    ]
  },
  "save-session": {
    "dataSaveFolder": "C:\\Users\\dionisiusma\\.atom\\packages\\save-session\\projects",
    "projects": [
      "C:\\Users\\dionisiusma\\Desktop"
    ],
    "windowX": -8,
    "windowY": -8,
    "windowWidth": 1936,
    "windowHeight": 1066,
    "fullScreen": false
  }
}

Installed Packages

# User
autoclose-html, v0.18.0
color-picker, v2.0.5
highlight-selected, v0.10.1
linter, v0.12.7
minimap, v4.10.0
minimap-highlight-selected, v4.3.0
pretty-json, v0.3.3
save-session, v0.15.5

# Dev
No dev packages

If you’re having a problem with the GitHub website, you probably want to contact GitHub support:

Or check the Status page to see if there is an outage:

https://status.github.com/

I don’t know what was happening yesterday but I couldn’t post an issue for this package, but I was able to post other issues, so I don’t think it was something related to GitHub support…

I’ll try to post there again today.