Save All keyboard shortcut not working

Hi all

Just noticed that the “Save All” shortcut on Mac is not triggering any action.

Atom version : 0.189.0

Steps to reproduce the problem :
Edit multiple files in atom
Hit the keyboard default shortcuts ALT + CMD + S

Actual result : nothing happen
Expected result : all file should be saved.

Nb: using the menu File > Save all works like a charm.

Cheers

Does it actually run the save-all command? You can check this by opening the keybinding resolver (ctrl+., or maybe cmd+. on mac) and then pressing the keybinding. It will then show a list of possible commands, with the one that’s executed in green (or another color depending on your ui theme). Check out the documentation on overriding keybindings.

Thanks @olmokramer. I was able to identify a plugin overriding the standard shortcut.

This issue seems to be back! This time the offending plugin is Find And Replace, which is mission critical in my use-case. I overrode in my keymap.cson, but that doesn’t seem to bring back the shortcut.

Can anyone else confirm?

What version of Atom are you on? What does your Keybinding Resolver say? Can you see the command in the Command Palette? Can you open it via the menu?

Version: 1.10.2
Keybinding Resolver: 3 entries for alt-cmd-s, Core, Find And Replace, & user
See the command in the Command Palette: Yes, it has 2 listings for the shortcut beside it.
Open via Menu: Yes, this is how I use the command since the short cut isn’t responding.

Keybinding Screenshot: https://cl.ly/1i3A0X3y2k02

There may have been a miscommunication. The Keybinding Resolver is a specific package (invoked through ctrl-. on Windows; I have no idea about Mac) that shows you the order of priority of the commands that are being matched for a specific keypress. It also identifies which command was actually (supposedly) invoked.

That said, your screenshot of your keybindings shows that you have no command on alt-cmd-s that’s supposed to be invoked outside of the Find and Replace panel. Is toggle-selection-option what you’re trying to invoke? I thought you were talking about the panel not showing up at all.

Oh, on mac it’s command+. …so that’s what that dialog does!

Ok so hitting alt-cmd-s displays alt-cmd in the Keybinding Resolver, but for some reason it does not show the s.

I’m having a hard time understanding. alt-cmd-s is supposed to invoke window:save-all and that’s what’s listed in my Keybindings as appears in the screenshot. I tested other commands such as alt-cmd-- (pane:decrease-size) and shift-cmd-W (window:close) and they seem to work as expected.

Okay. You said

This time the offending plugin is Find And Replace, which is mission critical in my use-case.

and I interpreted that as saying that the Find and Replace package was not appearing correctly.

Ok so hitting alt-cmd-s displays alt-cmd in the Keybinding Resolver, but for some reason it does not show the s.

This is probably the issue. It looks like Atom is just not getting the s in that key sequence. I have no idea how you would resolve it because I’ve never encountered it before. Do you have anything bound to alt-cmd-a and does the Keybinding Resolver behave normally with that sequence? If so, that could be an appropriate substitution.

I don’t have any Mac computers, so I can only conjecture, but this community has a lot of Mac users and @leedohm usually has good suggestions. Do you have any other programs that use the alt-cmd-s sequence?

Another option is to put the command on a custom toolbar button. This is not ideal, but it’s preferable to using the dropdown menus.

alt-cmd-a is a useful alternative. Thank you.

Sorry about the confusion I created. I was unaware of the Keybinding Resolver, and assumed that Find and Replace was overriding the keybinding and was creating the issue.

I follow your hunch that Mac is capturing the keybinding and agree. I’ll research a bit more and see if I can come up with anything.

Thanks again,

Check out the selector on that binding. It’s only supposed to be picked when the event fires from within an element with the class find-and-replace.

Not sure if one of the packages updated without my noticing, but Save All command works again.

Atom’s still version 1.10.2.

Well, problem solved. :slight_smile: