SASS auto indentation not working

I am using Atom out of a box + Emmet. When I hit return in .sass files the new line does auto indent, but it does work in .scss and .css files. Sass files don’t use brackets, but there must be a way to auto indent like in other code editors.

Any ideas? Thank you!

You mention that you have Emmet installed. Does Sass auto-indent properly when you run Atom in Safe Mode?

I ran Atom in safe mode. Same problem. If I use curly brackets, it does auto-indent new line even in safe mode. Only if brackets are not used it does not indent.

Could it be some kind of setting I am missing?

Thank you!

Can you record a GIF of exactly the problem you’re having and post it here? If not, can you give exact repro steps so that I can see the issue for myself?

https://www.files-conversion.com/file-convert/Untitled.swf

You didn’t include the status bar in this GIF. Is the file being recognized as a Sass file or an SCSS file?

Also, since you filed an Issue, I figured I’d include the link to it here:

Sorry for not including status bard.

It is recognized as a Sass file.

I also tried ST3 and Brackets. Brackets does indent, but not ST3.

Thank you.

Apparently this is not a bug, but a feature. It also works after first line is manually indented, then the following will auto indent. Thank you!

It also works after first line is manually indented, then the following will auto indent.

I’m still having this problem and not sure what you meant by this?

Here’s a GIF:

@ryanmack, I can’t reproduce what you’re seeing using Atom v1.5.0-dev-5d85ea1 on Mac OS X 10.11.2:

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

@leedohm I have looked at the debugging docs.

1. Atom v1.3.2
  2. Mac OS X 10.11.2
  3. Yes (tried removing, still happens)
  4. Still was able to produce in atom --safe

Do you have the “Auto-Indent” setting enabled?

Yes

Please file a bug on the atom/atom repository with this information. I don’t know why you would be seeing this behavior.