Sass auto compile on save

Hello everyone,

I’ve been through a lot of posts but I can’t get my SCSS file to auto compile on save in Atom. First I got some errors ‘Command failed’ but that was due to the fact that I didn’t have node.js and node-sass installed. Now I don’t get any errors, but it ain’t working either.

So my goal is:

1. open SCSS file
  2. save
  3. automatically compile and save the result in the CSS directory

What is the easiest way to achieve this in Atom?

Thanks,

Something like this?

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve already tried that but I’ll dig into it a bit more.

Ok.
If you can give me more information about the package failure, we could try to understand if it’s Atom related or not.

Does the ctrl-shift-c keybinding work? Can you see the extension’s context menu item and does that work?

Hello all,

I tried the ctrl-shit-c and now it seems to work !! The context menu is now also there.

The only problem left is that it doesn’t compile from my sass-directory to my css-directory but no worries: I can live with that. It compiles, that’s the most important issue!

Thanks for all your help !!

You can set that in a parameter as indicated in the sass-autocompile readme. The parameters go in a comment on the first line of your file. The compile<Style> and <style>FilenamePattern parameters are what you want to look at.