Right-click menu is that possible?

Hi everybody,

I would like to migrate an old C# winform application into an electron one. But one of the main functionality of this application is actually to be accessible via the right-click on a folder or file (on windows) and of course automaticaly starting process when we select that menu. So before starting learning and migrate my app, i would like to know if it’s actually possible to do it in the actual version of electron. I didn’t find any specific answer on it.

Thanks by advance for your answers.

Do you want an item on the Windows context menu or do you want to replace the context menu? Your statement could be read either way.

Hello,

I want to add an item into the windows context menu (like when you do a right click on a file, and you see “Open with” for exemple. Is that native ? or do i have to do it with a piece of code which add a key in the windows registry ?

There’s another recent thread about this question. Atom and many other Electron programs use another program called Squirrel to handle their updates, and Squirrel is capable of adding context menu entries.

As @DamnedScholar mentioned, this is a duplicate of a previous topic. We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

Oh, really sorry guys, i didn’t do a search with the ‘open with’ words so i didn’t see it. My bad :confused:

No problem. Just follow and ask questions on that thread.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.