Renderer process crashing in Windows

The renderer process in my app crashes intermittently. I would say on average the app lasts for somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes, and crashes don’t have any connection to user behavior.

I set up a crash report server and have been looking at the .dmp files. Here is the exception that I’m getting:

In crash-43.dmp the assembly instruction at node!v8::internal::IncrementalMarking::RecordWriteSlow+1187 in C:\Users\ben\Desktop\mpstudio\node_modules\electron\dist\node.dll from Node.js has caused an access violation exception (0xC0000005) when trying to read from memory location 0x0000000b on thread 0

and then here is the stack trace:

node!v8::internal::IncrementalMarking::RecordWriteSlow+1187
node!v8::internal::StoreBuffer::StoreBufferOverflow+1786
node!v8::internal::CancelableTaskManager::TryAbort+25f
electron!GetHandleVerifier+9e849
electron!IsSandboxedProcess+22d87e6
electron!IsSandboxedProcess+22d7a36
electron!IsSandboxedProcess+22d58b4
electron!GetHandleVerifier+9e849
electron!GetHandleVerifier+47367
electron!GetHandleVerifier+45dba
electron!GetHandleVerifier+a0e86
electron!GetHandleVerifier+4283e
electron!IsSandboxedProcess+3b4634
electron!GetHandleVerifier+3463da
electron!GetHandleVerifier+3462cf
electron!GetHandleVerifier+f6d68
electron+116365
electron!IsSandboxedProcess+2cd4efb
kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+14
ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart+21

How do I know if the crash is being caused by code I wrote or if there is a bug in electron or node? How can I figure out the root cause?

Thanks for the help.

You could quickly write up a testing app with an empty page and something pretty from CodePen, then let that run in the background. If it doesn’t crash after several hours, it’s probably not the frameworks.

@damnedscholar An empty Electron page would not crash, if the bug is electron/node related it is likely related to IPCRenderer, using a certain node function, or something like that.