Reinstallation

I installed Atom onto my computer, but when I open the file location, it only gives me the setup thing. And when I click on that, every time it installs atom all over again, instead of just opening the editor like they did in the tutorial video that I watched. I already tried deleting Atom and downloading it again. Could someone please help me with this?

What operating system are you on? What happens when you try to open Atom from the command line with the atom command?

What location, exactly?

I’m on windows 10. How do I open atom from the command line with the atom command?

every time i want to use atom,i must to intall from zero…why must be happen???

Win-x (which is something you should know about and be using all the time regardless), then select Command Prompt.

Please describe your issue in detail. We can’t help you unless we know everything.

uncaught type error: cannot read property ‘version’ of undefined C:users\abc\ato app-1.16.0\resources\app.asar\node_modules\settings-view\lib\package-card.js:240

An error message out of context is not helpful. I need all of the context. What are you doing before you see the error message? Where is the error message? What does it actually say? I know that what you posted isn’t correct, because Atom doesn’t install into C:users\abc\ato app-1.16.0\.

install package

Are you able to open Atom?

I understand if English is not your first language, but when you are asking for help on a forum, you need to use as many words as possible to describe the situation. This is especially true if your English isn’t very good.