Re: developer console is always open/won't close

Just installed Atom and very impressed so far.

I have an issue and the developer console is always open – something is triggering the panel to be open all the time and won’t let me close it. Must be a package I have installed, but I haven’t been able to figure out which one.

Any quick fixes to recommend?

Whatever’s opening it is probably putting error messages in it that could help locate the culprit.

Thanks for your input. It’s this error in the following function in the path.js file that’s sending the flag:

// Skip empty and invalid entries
      if (!util.isString(path)) {
        throw new TypeError('Arguments to path.resolve must be strings');
      } else if (!path) {
        continue;
      }

It doesn’t affect the functionality of Atom, just won’t let me close the damned developer panel – is there some developer console toggle I am missing? I have tried everything but it keeps popping open.

I found that the error stops when I removed the autocomplete-paths package, still looking into it as I want to be able to complete paths.

I’ve tried out a few different modules that were the obvious culprit for this sort of behavior (sorry, can’t think of any offhand).

If a module does have a bug, this seems like poor way to handle the error. Atom is making this the user’s problem. The error should be logged, and the user possibly notified in some way, but it’s a real pain when the console keeps opening up—especially if you’re not actively using a misbehaving module. You have to stop what you’re doing and track down the offender if you don’t want to keep looking at the inspector.