RE: Atom Dark

Good day everyone. First off I want to say I truly love Atom.io. :slight_smile: I’m a hobbyist developer of HTML 4/5 and CSS2/3 with PHP 4/5/7. A vet of 8 years in U.S. Army and now going to college for a medical degree.

That being said, I really really love atom.io. I’ve been using notepad++ for years as it’s filled my needs but just on a crazy hunch about 3 weeks ago I downloaded atom.io (Win 64 bit installer) and got a SFTP plugin and been truly–absolutely–loving it. :slight_smile:

That being said, until I can really decide/figure out how better format my PHP and website, I’ve been echoing a LOT of HTML into PHP (I know…I know…lol)

Right now this is what I see:
if ($variable]) { $text .= '<a href="link.php?id='.$variable'">My Profile</a><a href="/link.php">Text</a>'; }

This was the smallest bit of code I could find that would make sense. What I’m wondering is, with this theme everything is outputted in green and while new lining tags is helpful I was wondering if those HTML tags within the echo could be a different color. Is this possible or would it be too much to do?

Thanks everyone and have a good day,
GreenSage

What i mean in the “outputted” bit is what is displayed in Atom.io not the actual output of PHP or HTML.

Another issue I’m having with PHP:

$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM [query]) or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error()); $cur_user = $db->fetch_assoc($result);
$cur_user and the all the remaining lines get indented under $result in my case. And it wraps down from there. How to fix this?

error() is a define that is included in the Fluxbb forum software to catch any DB errors btw if that helps.

Function rather. Really wish we could edit our words on here. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is determined by the PHP grammar rules. It’s probably possible, and would require a change in that package to make it happen.

$cur_user and the all the remaining lines get indented under $result in my case. And it wraps down from there. How to fix this?

It looks like you have an unclosed ' in the query string. Try adding a second one and seeing how that works out by selecting everything and using the Edit -> Lines -> Auto Indent menu item.