Python was not found

Hello ATOM community, I’m new to programming and decided to run a simple program of printing Hello World. I did install the script package, looked up Youtube videos on searched through discussion yet am unable to execute, and it gives me an error stating :

Python was not found but can be installed from the Microsoft Store: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?linkID=2082640.

python_atom

I do get the python version from the cmd python command

Note: I do have python 3.8 installed and it’s by default added to the PATH variable
This is the directory of my python.exe file - C:\Users\santosh\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\python.exe

I have the exact problem. If you got the solution, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Install process-palette package.
Study the package docs and also Preferences > Settings example for running python script(s).
Optionally add a top menu item such as Run Python.

There are other methods but this works fine for me on Python and indeed any other scripting language. You can also launch the Atom python script in an external editor such as Geany or other IDE by command line. It is all done by passing variables from process-palette. You can even pass to VSCode. process-palette is the hub.