Python Name Errors (Hydrogen)

Hello.
I just downloaded Atom but have been using Python for a while now. I am pretty sure this code works (works on all other editors: pyzo, sublime, idle) but for some reason, I can’t seem to get Atom working. It keeps telling me that various names are not defined when they most certainly are. I am using Hydrogen and have attached an image of my Hydrogen Setting.
I have both python 2 and 3 on my laptop.

Error Message:

NameError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
----> 1 playTetris()

NameError: name ‘playTetris’ is not defined---------------------------------------------------------------------------
in ()
----> 1 playTetris()

NameError: name ‘playTetris’ is not defined---------------------------------------------------------------------------
in ()
----> 1 root.bind("", lambda event:
2 keyPressedWrapper(event, canvas, data))

NameError: name ‘root’ is not defined`

Thank you for your help! Really appreciate it!

Hydrogen is a very different way to run code than typical file execution; were you using Hydrogen with these other editors?

sorry, i should have said IDE instead of editor. (I’m a noob when it comes to actual computer science stuff)

Either way, how were you running the program on the other IDE’s?

Was it by running the entire file at once, with something like a play button, or an interactive session like a Jupyter Notebook or the Python shell?

I ran the entire file in the python shell.

Hydrogen is very different to that; I suggest executing your scripts in a terminal, either external or one like termination, or setting up process-palette.

The script package will also run them, but does not work with the input function.