'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Can any one help on this error please?

‘python’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[Finished in 0.065s]

I tried adding python path as per previous blog, but still getting this error

I have python script but cant run code in atom
  1. Have you restarted Atom since editing the path? A process imports environment variables when it’s created, and editing the global variables won’t affect running processes.

2. In the Python directory, is there a file called python.exe?

I restarted Python, but still having same issue.

I do have python35.exe in python folder

Never mind, I renamed exe file to python instead of python35 and it worked. Is there a way I can change exe file details in ATOM, so that I will be able to use different exe version.

Atom has no ability to execute code. Which package are you using?

i installed atom editor but when i run my program they tell that ‘python is not recognized as an internal or external command’ and i don’t know what to do ! i’m lost!

Have you installed Python? What happens when you try to run your script from the command line? What package are you using?

when i run my script they tell me that’python is not recognized as an internal or external command’ and i use ‘running-script’

I’m unable to find a package named running-script. What’s the exact name of the package you’re using?

If the script cannot be run from the command line, that probably means that you haven’t installed Python. You should figure out which version of Python you need (there are differences between 2 and 3 and both are in use) and download it.

which package name i can use?

The name of the package when you look at it under Settings -> Packages.

Can you provide a screenshot where and how you run your script.
Also provide a screenshot with the message you get.

Namashivaya :slightly_smiling_face:

i got it work when i installed python in a different selected directory(select the second option in directory selection while installing python) and select the path correctly in command prompt…

Hello i’m also having a similar problem. i have script installed and i selected python as my language and im try to run the code and it sends me this error messages.

‘python’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[Finished in 0.268s]
Git
Unstaged Changes
Stage All
May 14th playing with python.py
Staged Changes
Unstage All
Hello.py

Commit message

Create detached commit
Make your first commit

I have python script but cant run code in atom

Have you installed Python? What happens when you use python --version from the command line?

Hello.

Please review the picture at:
Running Python on Atom
Focus on how you can use Command Prompt (outside Atom) to check the installed Python version.

You might also find the following of value:
Problem with Script - Does not recognize Python

Regards.