Python Debugging Help

I’ve been trying for a few days to get a setup going that will allow me to debug Python code (step through code and watch variables), however, I keep getting error messages from specific packages or packages just don’t seem to be working. I first tried atom-ide-ui and ide-python, however, after I enable atom-ide-ui and then enable ide-python, I get an error message “Unable to start the Python language server,” and can’t seem to figure out how to fix this, so I disabled this package. Since I have atom-ide-ui activated still, if I just start adding breakpoints, then try to attach a debugger, I get a message stating “no debuggers installed.” So I grab a few debuggers: atom-debugger, python-debugger, and atom-ide-debugger-python (just to see which one actually works), and reload Atom, then try to attach a debugger again, but the same message about not having a debugger installed pops up. I’m a bit at a loss here and find myself just randomly installing packages to see what happens. Any advice for having simple execution of Python scripts in Atom with debugging features (variable watching) would be immensely appreciated. Thank you.