Problem with markdown syntax highlighting and preview

Hope this isn’t just user error…

I can only get markdown preview to work with .txt files, but can only get syntax highlighting to work with .md files… So i can never preview syntax-highlighted markdown, as .txt files don’t get markdown syntax highlighting.

Hope that makes sense.

I’ve tried disabling a bunch of my packages and themes… But not seeing any differences.

Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?

Obviously you are having problems with the markdown-preview package. Go to the settings for that package. There might be something helpful there. If not, post an issue on the repo for that package.

What do you mean when you say “i can never preview syntax-highlighted markdown”. Are you pressing the key and it doesn’t activate? Have you tried using the Keybinding Resolver (Cmd+. on OS X and Ctrl+. on other platforms)? It will show you what key Atom saw you press and the command that was triggered because of it.

Syntax highlighting doesnt work on *.txt files, but *.txt files are the only ones that preview. I do the keyboard shortcut, and the preview tab appears, but only on txt files.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

• using v1.3.2
  • NO Emmet
  • MacOS X El Capitan
  • in safe mode, it seems to be working correctly.

Most likely this means that one of the packages that you’re using is breaking this. You can use the keybinding resolver to help track that down.

Thanks so much. I think I have found the problem…

I used a package called ‘nvatom’, and it had me add a line to my .cson file… when this line is removed and atom restarted, it works again.