Problem installing atom on windows 7 laptop

Hi all. Ive been searching for a solution to the above problem but have not been able to locate one. I have tried deleting all local files, running as administrator, re downloading and ccleaner but nothing is working.

Below is a link to the system log
https://gist.github.com/leeton1412/ee5ad81ef4029716c6a6e83b378db585

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I am no Windows 7 user but my guess is that there is some issue about 32bit vs. 64 bit. Are you installing the correct exe for your old OS/laptop?

I believe so, the exe im trying is 64 which is my OS. Unless im missing something?

This seems to be the error:

2019-07-01 20:31:22> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running

It sounds like there’s already an install process running. Have you tried rebooting your computer to clear all active processes?

Yeah I’ve tried that one. I’ve also deleted local files to try avoid that. Really not sure what’s wrong here

Worst case scenario, you can download the .zip file of the release from GitHub and use Atom without officially installing it. Atom won’t update itself, but everything else about the program will work just fine.

1 Like

This works perfectly for now. Thank you